A nanosecond (ns) is one billionth of a second, 10−9. In the world of Cyber Space a nanosecond is similar to a minute in the User world. A second is similar to an hour, minutes are more like days and hours are comparable to months or possibly years.
- 1 ns: Time to execute one machine cycle by an Intel Pentium 4 1 GHz microprocessor
- 1 ns: Light travels 12 inches (30 cm)
- 1,000,000,000 nanoseconds: 1 second
- Information on comparing time in the Cybernetic world and the User world is difficult to figure out. Episodes that are used to reference time comparisons are, "Enzo the Smart", "The Crimson Binome" and "Painted Windows".
- Milliseconds are referred to in one episode, however it is difficult to infer their relationship to other time measurements without additional references.