Fax Modem is a one binome and a CGI agent in Mainframe. His partner is Data Nully. When he was a child his little sister was abducted by a Web Creature; he was only spared when he waved a flashlight at it. Web Creatures are sensitive to strong light. The event traumatized him.
He's a conspiracy nut and has many theories that are considered random. One is that there is no User and all Game Cubes are created & sent by Guardians to promote the User myth. He hasn't worked out yet why they'd do that.
Fax Modem and his partner were tasked by Phong to solve a series of abductions. They suspected that the abductions were the work of a Web Creature. Since Web Creatures have fangs, and Mouse has fangs, Agent Modem believed that she was the web creature.
They were proven correct but were wrong when they had suspected Mouse as the creature. Based on his childhood experience and how Mike the TV survived an attack, Modem worked out that Web Creatures couldn't stand strong light. So when they found the creature they used flash lights to immobilize it. (Trust No One)
A CPU force took over from them, but couldn't prevent the creature escaping. When a Web Portal was opened above Mainframe, Fax remarked "You see Nully, the Web is out there". She told him he was wrong, "it's here".
Fax Modem was last seen when Mainframe was crashing. He was trying to decide between a card reading L.A. and one reading B.C. Data Nully was trying to get him to see several alien-like Binomes in the background, but he completely missed it. They were blown up by a severed cable. He was restored with the rest of Mainframe. (System Crash)
- CGI (Computer-Generated Imagery) is the type of animation Reboot is created with.
- Fax (short for facsimile) is the telephonic transmission of scanned printed material normally to a telephone number connected to a printer or other output device.
- A modem (modulator-demodulator) is a network hardware device that modulates one or more carrier wave signals to encode digital information for transmission and demodulates signals to decode the transmitted information.
- The CGI agents are a spoof of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, the FBI agents of The X-Files TV series.
- Fax Modem was voiced by Scott McNeil.