The virus will infect the Net and begin a count down. Everyone infected by them will start calling out numbers. When they reach zero everything is deleted.
"101. 100. 11. 10. 01. 0." (5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0)
- The word Cron simply means count.
- Cron is a shortening of the word Chronological, a term used to mean the order that things come in a time line.
- In a Unix system, the cron daemon runs regularly scheduled tasks, such as renaming log files and running accounting.
- 111100 = 60, 111011 = 59, ..., 101=5, 100=4, 11=3, 10=2, 01=1, 0=0.
- According to Bob's words, a Cron Virus has the power to delete everything in the Net, even viruses.
- According to Bob, he managed to identify Daemon as a Cron virus before starting the countdown.
- It is unknown how he knew of the existence of this kind of virus or if it was because of the actions of Daemon.
- Cron viruses do not exist, but would be devastating if they did.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.